View Single Post
Old 26-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hospital cover, who has it?

I now have a young family and am looking into hospital cover, but I must be stupid because I dont see the benifits. Now I have and have always had extras cover, but as far as I see it if you are going to a public hospital (no private hospitals in my area anyway) as a private patient the only benifit is choosing your own doctor/surgeon.. Like I know any surgeons anyway!

Also, as is often the case if you are a private patient in a public hospital you may end up being charged for what ever outstanding amount your fund doesnt cover for your stay in hospital whereas the public patient gets it all for free anyway!

As a public patient, if you are life threateningly ill you will be seen to (and operated on if needed) asap and your treatment will be free. So why pay for hospital cover? and if its elective/non urgent then why not wait a few months

Is it purely to get inside a fancier hospital with your own room? becuase then I still dont see the point because you will probably be so out of it on drugs you wont know where you are anyway!

I undertsand the eldery may need it (hip replacments etc) but they can probably least afford it anyway. Also the over 30's levy may change the situation also.

Am I crazy.....? Am I on the wrong forum....? yes probably.

ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote