View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #71
zdcol71
zdcol71

Default Re: ABC 4 Corners, investigation into animal cruelty

I read an interesting article quite a few years ago ,where the French (of all peoples') government had come down hard on a multinational fast food outlet (narrows it down a bit ,hey) who had asked to get on board with another multinational electronics company(who has some of the biggest defence contracts going), in utilising laser technology to "beam" their golden ar...(whoops,sorry nearly gave away their corporate identity)....logo onto clouds! The same two companies will be the ones whose names will be international headlines when we realise the most radical dining/eating revolution in mankinds history...by that, I mean the first extra terrestrial restaraunt. A Mc Donalds dinner on the moon or Mars ( with the assistance of General Electrics) is not the realm of marketing wet dreams or pure sci-fi any more ...it is discussed reality..and the point I make is that anyone who thinks that these two companies will treat the product which will enable this marketing/sales opportunity to flourish, as anything more than a product to be butchered /slaughtered as quickly and efficently as is economically possible, is kidding themselves. I've seen a feed lot in Roma...how many of us has seen a feed lot in what used to be the Amazon rainforest? A couple of abbatoirs in Indonesia is not really the problem. (albeit..very distressing and contemporary)