View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
Cougar2K
Starter Motor

Hey Dave & Yogi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave,
I agree with your rationale in principle but as you'd acknowledged, I do have intentions on lowering the Kat in time so that's why I think it just makes sense to get this work done now and once over.
I've pretty much got all the various stuff I need together.
Just gotta get all the bits and pieces of the puzzle done now one step at a time.
First baby steps are organised for Saturday week... can't wait! ;)

Regards the exhaust, been in some to and fro email exchanges with one of their reps on the kit and waiting on a final confirmation on the matter and then should be getting something underway in the next week or two... Things got a bit held over coz I was also toying with the idea of getting one of their Y-Pipe setups...

Yogi,
No my Kat ain't an Eibach, it's 2000 model regular flavour.
Unfortunately the limited Eibach release run came out by Ford/FTE some months after I'd already purchased my Kat brand new back in the day....
There never was any hint of that in the pipeline otherwise I may well of held over my buy.

If I put the Bilstein or Koni struts in, it's with the view to putting lowered springs in too and new rims/wheels once all the other stuff I need to first get sorted out with the Kat is done.
It's the one thing which has always bugged me that the Cougars have such an aggressive stance by nature but sit just that bit too high when stock, specially over the front wheels.

Thanks for the offer Yogi, I'll keep them springs you have on hand in mind!

Cheers,
Paul
Cougar2K is offline   Reply With Quote