View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #247
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 027
I was looking at replacing my TE50 with a BF XR6T at the start of this year. Went to my local Ford dealership and found a maroon one in auto (was looking for silver in manual) that they were asking way too much for. After some wheeling and dealing managed to talk the salesman down to a bit more than the change over I was looking for. I advised him there was another car exactly the same at another dealership across town that I was going to look at but unless they could match or better his price I would be back. Other car was in a fairly ordinary condition so returned to the local yard and said that if everything was still ok I'd be in the next with a cheque for him. He said he'd get the car detailed for me and would have a coffee waiting for me the next morning. I paid a $500 deposit and left. Next morning after collecting my cheque I headed down to Ford and began to fill out the paperwork. Just before I signed anything I noticed the changeover figure had increased by $8,000. I pointed it out to him and he tried to tell me everything was how we agreed the previous day. I informed him that we had agreed to a much lower price and that was how much my cheque was made out for. His manager came in and told me that after thinking about it overnight he decided my car wasn't worth as much as what he originally said as it was an AU which is an ugly car and no Ford dealership would want one in their sales yard. Tore up my cheque and walked out. :

Next week found a silver BAII XR6T manual for sale a few hours down the road. Agreed on a changeover over the phone pending seeing the car. Drove the two hours to car yard where I was promptly told he had no intention of making the changeover we agreed on, instead he blatantly told me he said what he had to get me in to look at a BA Futura. After explaining that I wanted a manual turbo he told me to look elsewhere. :

By this time I'm well and truly over Ford salesmen. Happened to go past a Mitsubishi dealership which had an XR6T in the yard. Stopped in to have a look and had a chat with the salesgirl. She was more than helpful with showing me the XR but started pointing me towards a Lancer. After chatting for a while we crunched some numbers and came out with a brand new Lancer VRX manual with pretty much every option I could want thrown in for free for the same changeover I was looking at for the XR. Now I know the Lancer is nothing like what the TE was or what I was looking for in the turbo, and I still love my Fords, but the treatment I received from Ford dealerships (remembering this was when the global financial crisis was at it's worst) compared to the Mitsubishi guys was more than enough to make me switch the vehicle I own. I still miss being able to put down the right foot and go somewhere in a hurry with a sweet V8 roar but I wasn't going to continue driving a Ford after being treated like a complete moron by their salespeople.
So Basically you got sucked into buying a car you diddnt want in the end?
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote