View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #104
BruceT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta Girl
Candyman2,

Seems like you might have a hybrid of the Australian and UK Zetec. If you check Ford's UK site http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFiesta...specifications
you'll see their Zetec misses out on somethings we have in ours. e.g. Did you get Cruise Control (unlikely you'd not notice that missing) and map pockets on the back of the front seats (probably wouldn't miss them if you didn't know they were supposed to be there)? The UK Zetec gets rear passenger lighting (did they think in Australia we don't need it?) but I couldn't see mention of the glovebox light (too trivial?).
Looking at the UK I'm quite impressed with what we do get in a $24,000 drive away car. The stand-outs for me are the cruise control, the blue-tooth wireless phone connection, voice control and the USB jack. These are missing on the Mazda 2 and all but top-spec UK cars.

I'm amazed at the number of models and options available in the UK.

It's basically a cheap car -built to a price for a volume market - but the Zetec has so many nice features (including a fantastic driving experience), that I sometimes feel spoilt.

Yes the cheap plastic lower trims, painted backs of the rear seats and a few other niggles give away its origins, but mostly I just love it!
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote