View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Unhappy possible disaster?

After pulling out the screw that i'd used to fix my last induction setup, i think i've damaged the exhaust/intake? manifold. the one closest to the front of the car.

I think i've put the screw in too far and when i took it out with the engine on it started hissing... s*&t... a leak...

tested it by closing it off (just with my finger) and the engine revs changed, i think they dropped when i released my finger. i had no choice but to put it back in to stop the leak, i put in a couple of washers to space the gap on the screw too. but i dont know whether this is a bad thing to run the car with... i'm guessing its not great... worst thing is that i did it!!! :

So, questions:

can this be fixed, or do i need a new intake/exhaust manifold and which one is it??? :

If so is it worth getting a Milltek or Piper from european parts (a bit pricey) or get one from a wrecker or Ford.

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote