View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My thoughts after 1 month of Zetech Hatch. (previous car BA SR)

+ Love the dash, lots of "surprise and delight features"
+ Love how it lights up at night
+ Love the Grille and front end styling
+ Interior and boot space
+ Good performance at highway speed (see minus)
+ love the six speed box and shifter (i use manual mode a LOT)
+ Good brakes and handling (see minus)
+ its abit of a technological marvel. lots of great technology.
+ 700km plus from 70 litres (Falcon was about 500-550 from 65)
+ takes std ulp or e10
+ no petrol cap to fiddle with (see minus)
+ very good (not great) stereo, tells you fm station name and all sorts of cd info.
+ mp3 input - I have made a very neat concealed cable that to my 20GB player in cup holder, looks excellent, works well. (no apple products here)

- slug off the line
- Rattles and gremlins do make me worry about build quality and reliability (hope i havent bought a lemon!) Falcon felt better built.
- Poor visability for lane changing etc
- still having trouble with indicator/wiper stalks swapped over.(still turning wipers on at times)
- I like to rest my elbow on door and hold wheel with one arm, find the window too high, arm rest too low (and having indicator on left means lane changing needs two hands) cant qquite get comfortable in it.
- my young kids find it hard to see out high rear windows
- boy those wheels go black quickly! (brake dust)
- steering is very direct, not much free play. I find if i look down to search for something on dash, i veer off line.
- Feels a little nervous in high speed cornering
- How do u get petrol in from geri-can if you run out on roadside (it happened to me!)
- audio is not as loud from mp3 as cd/radio
- some of radio function buttons such as changing am/fm etc are hard to find on the move
- no instantaneous fuel consumption on trip computer
- only 1 trip meter.. i used one for "per tank" of for "per trip (tax) purposes" on falcon
- some dash functions not explained in book
- water comes in boot when u open hatch after rain.

Overall, im happy with car, but not inspired or enthusiastic about it. perhaps if it didnt rattle all the time and break down on me and was a little more powerful.

Two days after getting it back from dealer to fix faulty fuel gauge, i looked over and the wiring loom had fallen out onto passsenger foot well floor. I think the dealer left off a trim panel when he worked on it. Back it goes! The rear of the centre console is twisted and broken, replacement is on order.

Also there is a non stop loud rattle coming from passenger side door or B pillar that no one can trace. As i say i worry about quality.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote