View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #40
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie XR5
IMHO the ford club should team up with the commondore club and share the event for a private day...the last 2 years the commondore club has run at a loss on the day....2.5k to hire the track 50 cars @ 50 bucks and u break even anything over and you split the profits.. no pressure no nothing run it the same as the Holden V Ford meet for some fun and bragging rights..2-3hrs of testing and tuning and 2-3hrs of points racing, gets you used to dial in without the pressure of being eliminated...run it around November (so u dont have conflicting dates with the AFL finals) good weather good times and fun racing thats what its all about
This idea has merit. But remember November is a pretty big month too. Symmons, Shannons charity cruise as well as people start having end of year/christmas doo's.

But I'm glad those that went to this event had a good day. Me, I didn't go because I've had bigger problems of late (see this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11219767). I wouldn't mind trying something like this. But only once the Ute is going well and proper. And I'm not spending a whole weekend underneath it trying to find and fix oil leaks!