View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #39
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Well when I explained what I wanted done, the woman technical / service advisor just looked at me, and said "I've never heard of this" and got the Service Manager out.
Common. Front of house does not always get told about what is happening out back.
Most times, with recalls, they find out when 100 people book in for the same thing at once.

Quote:
I explained it to him and that I simply wanted them changed. He asked if it was making the noise on cold startup, to which I replied no, not as yet. He just told the girl to write up that it was making a noise and they will change them and that he'll need the car for around 2 days.
Smart man. He has dealt with Ford warranty before.

If they were to write on the Job, replace at customer's request, Ford would knock back the claim.

Quote:
So I am assuming that they will change them no questions asked. I have brought my XR6 when I had it there, and they were pretty good with warranty work, no questions asked at all.

So lets just wait and see what happens.....
They will replace them only if they are the old type.

If they crack the cover and find the updated ones, they will not touch them.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote