View Single Post
Old 15-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #32
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXr
Thats good, I have no doubt the kit is quality, but what about at high boost, I dont think anyone is running this kit at high boost as yet. could be wrong.
DarkXr.
What are you aiming for?
Define high boost?

One belt or two, it does not matter.
I can tell you that nearly every kit on the market in the world is designed around simplicity. What works for one, might not work for another. This might be because of the initial outlay of components, or built to a cost!
The BPR kits were designed to run with one belt. Limitations using a single belt is belt slip. Design it right, and belt slip is NOT A PROBLEM. I will be confident in saying the BPR kits will handle 20psi boost without belt slip, using a single belt.
IF the need ever arose where a customer needed higher boost again, and belt slip was the weak link, we would step up to an 8 or 10 rib belt, before ever going down the path of a second belt. For us, running a second belt is NOT an option, as it adds more components to a system....... more things to possibly go wrong!
Load on the crank???? Yes, of course there is extra load. You turn your Air-Con on...... that loads the crank. The load on the entire engine is increased with forced induction, being SC or turbo. Running two belts.......STILL LOADS YOUR ENGINE.
The fact is, these Boss engines are pretty strong. They can take a fair beating, IF IT'S DONE CORRECTLY.
Reliable power..... around the 350rwkw on stock internals.
Some customers are running around the 400rwkw, but they accept that this is beginning to push things.
Drivetrain????? Well, some are failing with stock cars. Double the standard power output with a KB, the chance of failure just multiplies. How much it multiplies.... well that depends on how you drive it!

Hope this helps with peoples questions.

Regards

AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote