View Single Post
Old 20-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
What you both have to remember is that the ADR's in regards to emissions has changed over the years covering percentage of gases such as CO and NOx, etc, so depending on the year model of your GT, we have pre 2007 and post 2007. Then think of the engine and exhaust as being a unit putting out a percentage of the above gases. Now depending on your engine modifications and the boost of your supercharger kit, you can have an infinite combination of percentages of the above gases, with one percentage that complies with the relevant ADR emissions. So one version of say the KB kit with say 6psi boost might be made to comply with a completely standard engine/exhaust setup. Change the exhaust for example and that same kit may no longer comply. Or change the compression ratio and it may no longer comply, so to have a kit that is guaranteed to comply, you can only have one set of conditions under which that KB kit was submitted to the relevant testing authorities. Any other combination needs to be re-submitted.
Ian.
Granted but i'm sure that 99% of the time you could just show the paperwork for the base KB kit and be right to go, i had a cpa kit on my xr8 which wasn't engineered or adr'd and didnt have any dramas. Bluffed my way out of one or two yellow stickers but a adr sheet from a stock kit would have been perfect.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote