View Single Post
Old 16-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #180
Gazzzaa

Thanks guys.
Yeah, the Terri has a towbar for the trailer and when we have to hire a horse float for the daughter's latest horseriding passion. Also, both our Mum's are in their 80's and when we take them out for the day they can really stretch out in the leather armchairs in the back of the Terri, whilst daughter is in the third row with her DVD's and I-Pods.

I am blown away by the little Fez. It's meant for my daily commuting to and from work, but I can't wait to give it a bit of a work out on the twisty bits through the Dandenong Ranges near where we live. The chassis feels so surefooted and predictable and it's also great to have a manual box again. My previous manual was a KC Laser which I did 230,000 kilometres in. The Laser was sensational. It towed fully loaded camping trailers with ease and completed numerous interstate trips.

Although I've always been a Ford man, a hell of a lot of research went into the choice of the Fiesta. I looked at competitors from Toyota, GM, Suzuki, Mazda, Nissan, Volkswagen, Citroen and Hyundai. I drove most of them too. The Fez was a clear winner and I'm very happy with the choice. The 4 month wait for an airbag optioned Ghia from Germany only added to the anticipation.

I can't quite understand why the car isn't a bigger seller, but I'm guessing that many purchase decisions in the light car category in Australia are based on price. We are fortunate that Europeans drive smaller cars generally and the design reflects this. I'm just a fraction disappointed in the seats - no lateral support - and also that the accessory list for the UK version is not available in Australia. The car is being fitted with cruise control and bluetooth as I type this. I pick it up this arvo.

Thanks again for the welcome guys. I'm more than happy to provide my 'test notes' on the opposition vehicles to sway someone's decision towards a Fez.
Gazzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote