View Single Post
Old 13-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Why spend heaps on expensive tires unless you're racing the thing.

I bought my current tires as part of a wheels package knowing full well I may have had to replace the tires as they are not a premium tire, but I was suprised. The Nankang S18s are a great directional tire, they just don't let go of the road, in both the wet and dry, and they are not noisy. None of which can be said for my Goodyear Eagle F1s that came with my last set of rims.

The best part is the grand or so I save from not buying Michelin Pilot Precedas, which in my opinion are the best tire out there all round (and yeah, people will disagree with me but I just don't care), is a grand that can go into my fun car that I will be racing.

The bottom line: the top of the range expensive tire cannot do anything more than these Nankangs can in my, and most peoples, applications. I don't race my Focus but when I give it a spirited drive, I know the tires will be there for me. If I have to brake hard in an emergency, they won't slide. They also have a great rap around my work car circles for use with non race vehicles.

Oh, and on the rim topic, those wheels are just spectacular. Well done.

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 13-05-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote