Thread: "Glazed" Discs
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #16
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
ok, to start with there was no mention of how bad the warp was when i first posted, for all i know it may have been sevre enough that that machining would take them to their legal limit, it does happen, i have seen it. and i guess pads is a personal choice, but i would replace them if my discs were getting a new face as i wouldnt worry about the machining until my pads were a bit on the low side (with still enough meat obviously), obviously depending what the surface of the disc is like though.
in monty's case, fairly new glazed discs, with slight warp, machine and all is good. and you want to replace your pads, so there is no issue there. but if they were fairly new and it didnt matter what pads you were using, a bit of emery tape to roughen them up (remove the glaze on them also) and re-fit them.
never meant to upset you you evilchief
col
Nah, its all good. Ill try and get them machined, if it doesnt work, Ill buy newbies. But, yeah, I know that I never said how warped they are, and we all know how warped the AU1's get, so I reckon it should be ok. The warpage is not bad bad, its pretty bad when I was at the drags, trying to slow down from 150 k's in 400m.
I think I first warped them just after getting them, I went up through Mt. Neebo and Mt. Glorious, and down to Somerset, and I got massive brake fade. I got to the bottom, and they were starting to go red, then when I got back to Brissy, I went to a car wah, and I guess the water on them cooled them REALLY quick, and kinda killed them. Havent got any worse since though.