Thread: Focus Aerial
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

fordel has the factory in dash 6-stacker though, not the plug in under-seat unit. To retain FULL factory usage, the install I did is the only way to go unless you can score someone else's 6-stacker from their dash our of a Ghia or ST170. Shame that's not an option on the rest of the range. I spent about 6 months researching, scouring the net and then taking the risk and it worked, so if you need more details then just let me know, I'm happy to sell you my adapter simply because it's not in my car right now thanks to the non-working stacker itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ayphotohosting Something like this is prime, it's M-Bus and worth the buy as long as it works. Alpine is a biaaatch to fix though, worth buying a new unit for the price of getting an older unit fixed, they really stitch you up for repair because it's hard to find anyone who touches them, all the Dodgy Bros (TM) outlets these days like Strathfield Car Radios just won't touch any of the decent audio equipment, they only flog off sony etc... very hard to find an Alpine retailer. Alpine seem to have lost the plot somewhat, they used to be pretty big and respected but have since disappeared from what I can see. I believe the Ford factory unit is actually an alpine unit, hence me using an Alpine also.